Dark Days Past, Brighter Days Ahead ~ An Ashen Twilight reflection post

Thursday, May 07, 2015 2 Comments A+ a-



I'm popping out of my writing cave to wave to everyone and wish them a wonderful May! It's been crazy cloudy here lately but thankfully it hasn't been crazy hot! I have a few deadlines looming in the distance including one for a special project I've just joined (and can't wait to tell you guys about)!

In the last newsletter I gave my subscribers a freebie upcoming read, the Ashen Twilight Series Compendium entitled Dark Days Past. I wanted to write a lore book of sorts which would be accessible to all the houses. It's a creative non-fiction styled book of fiction (whoa, mind twister) stored in the House library accessible to all members who wished to know the backstory of their Patriarchs and Regents. Most of the stories take place during the 14th-17th centuries and basically tell how each of the houses were formed before joining into one.

One of my beta readers lamented the dark tone of the compendium stories and how most of the love interests died. In that aspect, the title is true to its name because the Regents and Patriarchs suffered through some dark times to get where they are today. Much of this is why they find love in the current time, especially where Jace and Ariya are concerned. Their losses made them stronger and often serves as the glue to their community since they have many shared experiences. So hopefully knowing the tough times in the past leads to a better future helps readers and fans enjoy the series knowing how far the characters have come.

I'm glad to finally be working on some new stuff and I hope to finish up some lingering series books that have been in the wings for a while.

A new website is coming (yay!)

New releases are coming (double yay!)

And if you guys want to sign up for the goods, be sure to sign up at my brand new spiffy mailing list host down below.

I look forward to seeing you guys on the list and always...

See you around the book shelves!



2 comments

Write comments
Sarah Zama
AUTHOR
12:38 PM delete

I've downloaded the file from the newsletter and can't wait to read it. Sounds like a fun read :-)

Reply
avatar
Rae Lori
AUTHOR
3:56 PM delete

Excellent! Hope you enjoy it, Sarah! :-)

Reply
avatar