Missing Lily by Annette K. Larsen – Blog Tour ~ A Recommended Read

Friday, June 06, 2014 3 Comments A+ a-

Missing Lily
“You don’t know who I am,” I whispered. He didn’t move—either away from me, or closer—and after an interminable moment, I stepped back and hurried out of the house.
He didn’t follow me as I fled into the night.
Lylin was not used to being alone—much less alone, hurt, and lost. So when she is separated from her guard and forced to abandon her horse, she counts herself lucky to stumble upon a manor house. Still frightened by those who chased her into the night, she keeps her identity a secret, calling herself Lily as she accepts the help of kind servants, and the compassion of Lord Fallon. When they fall into an easy friendship, she wonders if her secrecy was too hasty. However, as she gets to know the manor and its residents, Lylin discovers that she’s not the only one hiding secrets, and it may be a very good thing that her host doesn’t know her true identity as a member of the royal family.



Review
I really enjoyed Missing Lily! Maybe I've been stumbling across way too many explicit reads lately but this was a breath of fresh air because it focused on characters getting to know each other before anything romantic followed and the strength of its characters made the story come to life. I also loved how the story started right in the middle of the action. Lily (real name Princess Lylin) was a strong character in the sense that I got her angst, motivation and she had me rooting for her safety all the way. I hadn't read Just Ella but this book makes me want to search it out and read it if it's written as well as Missing Lily. The romance was nicely paced and right from the beginning when Lily met Rhys, the chemistry was there as he really cared about and respected her. There's a twist that comes later on with Rhys and one of Lily's sisters that I won't reveal here and even though I wanted to see Rhys stand up and fight to have Lily, I can understand the predicament he was in. Poor Lily even had to grow up with such a bratty sister and parents who didn't hide their favoritism between the two sisters (out of a total of seven). It made me root for her even more. 

I can't say enough things about the writing. Ms. Larsen penned such an intriguing tale with an array of characters that really stand on their own apart from the other characters. And she tells such a great story that is a 100% clean for all ages and all parts of the family!  For anyone who has daughters who love princess stories with a sweet romance on the side, this would be great for them! I know I'll be saving this to share with my future daughter. I look forward to following this series very closely and adding Missing Lily to my read again shelf. I'm happy to add this as on my best of 2014 reading list!
add to goodreads

3 comments

Write comments
10:17 AM delete

Thank you so much!

Reply
avatar
Rae Lori
AUTHOR
4:18 PM delete

My pleasure, Annette! Thanks for a great read! :-D

Reply
avatar
theoldshelter
AUTHOR
1:15 PM delete

Sounds interesting :-)

Reply
avatar