Rae Lori Updates!

Friday, May 09, 2014 0 Comments A+ a-





Popping my head into the blog as I emerge from the reading, writing, reviewing and redoing (a.k.a. editing) cave to spread some news of the goings on for this month!

The Website
RaeLori.com has been officially transferred to the new server! Yay! There may be a few broken links here and there but I'm working to get everything up and running real soon. I've updated my bio to include the really cool awards I've won recently and I also popped up a screenshot from my CTR Caramel Corner spotlight. I see some newcomers on my mailing list. Thank you all for subscribing! I'll have a newsletter out to you guys soon. :-)

The Books
I know many of you guys have been wondering where my new releases are! After having a blast spreading the word of diverse books on Twitter, I'm back to hitting the books hardcore. I had planned to have The Comfort of Strangers published this month and so far I'm on track. I've been delayed slightly because some new scenes have come to mind. This book is different from my previous releases and a little bit darker. For my fellow noir fans, I hope you like this one. Once I finish with the new scenes and give the book a once over, it should be ready for the world. Be sure to check out the note from the author page for some behind the scenes notes on this particular story.

Also, I have some news about Before Dawn Breaks. It'll be re-released with new edits and a new cover but it will have a different package *hint hint*. News of that is forthcoming as we get closer to the date but so far the tentative release date is in July of this year.

One Evening in London is also making a comeback but I'm working through the details to bring out the best format. We'll see!

The Goings On
I have a few events going on this month so mark your calendars and bookmark those sites!

On May 16th, I'll be joining some other fabulous authors over at Yolanda Ashton's Blog for the Multicultural Love Blog-a-thon going on now. I plan to post about some insight into my early writing works and where I plan to go this year with my writing. I'm also giving away a special prize and a new cover will be revealed! (Dun dun dun).

Also this month, I've offered up my cover art services for Brenda Novak's Annual Online Auction For Diabetes Research. Some members of my family as well as my husband's family suffer from this disease and I wanted to give a little something to help raise awareness and help for research. If you're looking for some custom cover art done at a discount price and want to give a little for research, come on down and toss in a bid! Other venues, authors, editors and many other publishing folk have offered up services and goodies so definitely check it out! Here's my auction page.

That's all the news and goings on for now! Stay tuned for more to come and keep watching this space for some upcoming contests and book blasts. :-)