Recommended Read ~ The Sneaky Chef: How to Cheat on Your Man (In the Kitchen!): Hiding Healthy Foods in Hearty Meals Any Guy Will Love by Missy Chase Lapin

Friday, October 25, 2013 0 Comments A+ a-




Such a provocative title for a very informative book but I love it!

It's strange how life changes in such a short amount of time. Before I got married, I said I would never become domesticated and now I usually spend my days rushing around the house doing laundry, cooking meals and cleaning. My husband has an aversion to anything veggie and green (something he's had since he was very young) and I come from a family that has been on a natural, healthy and clean eating kick for the past few years. My husband was a fast food junkie in a state where lard is considered an essential ingredient in the daily diet. What's a gal to do?

Enter The Sneaky Chef! Not only an answer to kids who don't like eating veggies but also husbands who consider yogurt not even worthy of an appetizer or snack.

The Sneaky Chef offers wonderful recipes and manly favorites foods such as ribs, hamburgers, fried chicken and fries to cocktails, cocoa, pancakes, waffles, french toast and everything in between. There also quick fixes to store bought foods that will add nutrients where there was none before. The trick is in the previously prepped purees (say that three times ;)) that include all kinds of colorful veggies that would normally send the enemy of veggies running from the room screaming. The purees change the texture and integrate themselves into normal food so that the nutritional value is still there, the foods look good and taste good. So far I've tried the ribs, changed up store bought baked beans and plan to try homemade turkey burgers and fries with some more baked beans in the next few days. My husband and family loved the ribs and my mom even gave me some tips on how to kick up the taste a bit more. The recipes can be a great starting point for the creative chef who wants to make the dishes all their own. :-)

Ms. Lapine also offers some great info on each of the veggies used in the purees, their health values and some great sneaky chef advice (for instance, if you want to grill outside and keep the flies away, plant some basil herbs around the grill because they hate it!) along with some background info on men and food.

I can't recommend this book enough. I'm having a blast trying different recipes. It's also giving me ideas to use the purees in other meals and with each tasting, I'm sure to nail it in the coming days. In the meantime, I'm having a great time testing them out.

Learn more about the Sneaky Chef books!
http://www.thesneakychef.com/
https://twitter.com/sneakychef

More Sneaky Chef Books
http://www.amazon.com/Missy-Chase-Lapine/e/B001JSE40E/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1