Grammarly.com Review [Sponsored Post]

Monday, September 30, 2013 0 Comments A+ a-


I use the plagiarism checker at Grammarly.com because the original is made of win and pwns all substitutes. ;-)

I was recently contacted by Grammarly.com's Nick Baron to check out their grammar checker program online. I really liked this program! I sent a short sample of my writing through and the program checked for:


  • Pronoun Agreement
  • Use of adjectives and adverbs
  • Confusing Modifiers
  • Verb Agreement
  • Verb Form Use
  • Commonly Confused Words
  • Spelling
  • Punctuation

and other misuses of articles.

I've only really used AutoCrit as an online editor in addition to my human editors and that worked really well to catch inconsistencies in my work. The price was a bit high as the longer text crits took from $47 to $100 but it seemed suited to creative text while Grammarly is more than ideal for non-fiction text and academic papers. You can get a monthly subscription for the heavy duty stuff (like papers and things) offline and as a macro for Word but for everyday mundane tasks like checking blog posts and such, you can download the free browser plugin.

Although nothing electronic can replace editing via human eyes (and reading aloud), Grammarly is a good backup to double check for a clean paper. Writers should definitely give this one a go and see how you like it! They have a free text editor on the site: http://www.grammarly.com/

If any of my writers out there try it, I'd like to know what you think!

Here are my results!