An Interview with Author, Annabelle Blume ~ Melted Tears Book Tour

Thursday, September 19, 2013 2 Comments A+ a-


Genre: Sci-Fi Romance
Novella
Release Date: 9th September 2013


Two lovers face off against a government determined to keep them apart. It’s only brave if it’s hard.    

After a decade of being alone in the wilderness, Cressenda is still adjusting to life with the man of her dreams. When Beckett hatches a plan to break her parents out of The Affinity prison work camps, Cressenda must make the biggest sacrifice of her life; trading her freedom for her parents’. Cressenda’s fortitude is tested at every turn, from surviving the conditions of West Fallen work camp to believing in Beckett’s dedication to their plan and their love, even when it looks like all hope is lost. With the help of a unlikely ally, Cressenda learns to stop fighting against her fears and embrace the power of fighting for her dreams.


Will trusting Beckett to take down The Affinity be the ultimate show of faith or a fatal mistake? 

We're here to celebrate the Melted Tours Book Tour with SF & UF Romance Author Annabelle Blume! I'm so excited because I'm a huge fan of SF Romance and Frozen Heart (book 1 in the series) is on my TBR shelf. Melted Tears sounds like it's right up my alley to continue the story. Annabelle joined us for a wonderful interview to share some insights into her writing world and to let us know what she has in store next for her readers. So grab a cup of your fave drink and settle in!

AWD: What are your main concerns as a writer?

AB: My main concern as a writer is creating characters I can be proud to introduce to readers. In my experience, if your readers connect with a character, they will love your books. Devoted readers are earned with great characters.

AWD: How have your personal experiences influenced the direction of your writing?

AB: I like to write stories of triumph, of overcoming obstacles and personal growth. These are the things I focus on in my own life, what I value in others, and what I find interesting for a storyline.

AWD: What would you say are the biggest challenges that you face?

AB: I have a hard time getting started on a book. I get caught in the “what’s the use” mindset. It’s a big, crowded world in publishing. Sometimes I feel defeated even before I start.

AWD: How do you deal with these challenges?

AB: When I am in the “what’s the use” phase, I have a few close friends I can have my little breakdown with and they talk me off the ledge. I remind myself that yes, it is a big, crowded world, but opportunity abounds. And out there is one person who doesn’t just want to read my words, but needs to read my words. That my words will touch that person and change something in them forever. Then I write my story for that one person.

AWD: Which aspects of the work that you put into the book did you find most
difficult?

AB: Dialog. Dialog is so hard! Each sentence is carefully crafted. I spend a tremendous amount of time making sure the dialog fits the character, sounds realistic, conveys the intended emotion, and delivers information to progress the story. My books are not dialog heavy, but what they say is important.

AWD: Which did you enjoy most?

AB: I really enjoyed creating a larger cast of characters than I had in Frozen Heart. Some of them were horrible people and some were wonderful people and some were in between but all of them were exciting to write.

AWD: What will your next book be about?

AB: I’m currently working on a New Adult Urban Fantasy. It’s top secret right now but I will say that I’m excited to be putting a new spin on angels and demons.


Check out more about the author online!






About Annabelle
Annabelle is a Science Fiction and Urban Fantasy Romance author, that is, when she's not checking homework or begrudgingly cooking dinner. Wife, mother, and creator of alternate worlds, Annabelle has a penchant for that which is outside the norm.

Her Sociology degree has given her the ability to construct worlds that exist only in her head and translate them passionately to the page. The time spent studying individuals, interpersonal relationships, and particularly, women, within the constraints of our society led to Annabelle's unabashed ability to talk about sex as it fits into our modern lives.

She's also the author/personality of The Bombshell Mommy at Vitacost.com, where she expounds her knowledge of being a vixen clad in sweatpants.

A serial book monogamist, Annabelle is deeply devoted to the literary love of her life until the next amazing book falls into her clutches and she obsesses anew.

Annabelle’s official author page http://www.annabelleblume.com/


2 comments

Write comments
1:42 PM delete

Great interview.

Thank you for hosting on tour today.

Shaz

Reply
avatar
Marissa A
AUTHOR
3:13 PM delete

I read the first book and have been waiting for this one! :)

Reply
avatar