Halloween Sucks, says Lily Drake Blog Hop!! October 1st - 5th

Monday, October 01, 2012 3 Comments A+ a-



It's the month of all things paranormal and AWD has some wonderful goodies in store for all you readers out there!

First up is the amazing Halloween Sucks Blog Hop sponsored by Inkspell Publishing to celebrate the upcoming release of The Life and Death of Lily Drake. I'm excited about this release because the book features one of my fave paranormal creatures, vampires!

I have always loved vampires since I read about them as a kid. Normally they would be evil blood sucking creatures intent on killing anything in their path, but with the arrival of Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles my vampire world was turned upside down. Rice introduced a vampire community that loved, lived and desired much that resembled our own humanity. Most importantly she introduced the sexy brat prince, the vampire Lestat de Lioncourt. Lestat had his shortcomings that earned him the title of being a brat and he had less than savory views on humans he deemed lesser than he, but he was written in such a way that made him intriguing and irresistible. For the longest, he was my favorite vampire and I loved his portrayal by Tom Cruise in the 1994 flick Interview With the Vampire (my fave!) but then came Henry Fitzroy, the illegitimate son and prince of Henry VIII.

The Lifetime tv series Blood Ties introduced me to the handsome, sexy and heroic Henry played by the equally yummy Kyle Schmid. I loved how seductive Kyle played Henry and despite his youthfulness, he brought an ageless quality to Henry that really made me believe he had lived and loved throughout the century. One of my favorite moments featured Henry talking about this "skirt" that he was "bumping uglies with" while on a stakeout with Vicki, our heroine. The 20s lingo and Jersey accent was the icing on the cake!

My favorites also included Blade (kick butt vampire, saving the world one evil vamp at a time and looking good while doing it), Nick Night from Forever Knight (tortured, sexy vampire detective searching for redemption) and Bela Lugosi in Browning's Dracula (the smooth, suave vampire that started it all).

If I had to choose and absolute favorite...wow, it would be a tough one.

I'd have to go with one for every day of the week and then rotate over again. I feel it's only fair. ;-)

Tune in tomorrow for a Q&A with T. Michelle Nelson author of the Life & Death of Lily Drake!

"For Lily Drake, slaying vampires is easy...Dating them is the hard part." 

Join the release party on Oct 5th at Inkspell Publishing website to find the Blog hop winners!"

Participating Blogs
 www.moosubi.blogspot.com



3 comments

Write comments
3:17 AM delete

Not sure I could pick just one favourite either! Like your idea of having one for each day of the week ;)

Reply
avatar
7:34 AM delete

Incredible choices! You ran the gamut of vampires for the last several decades! Love this post.

Can't wait to see you tomorrow! Thanks again for participating in the hop!

*hugs*

Reply
avatar
Rae Lori
AUTHOR
5:19 PM delete

Thanks Sarah Elizabeth! It's like potato chips. You can't have just one! :-D

Thanks Michelle! So glad to be apart of the hop. I'm having a blast so far! See you tomorrow and thanks for the awesome ! Q&A!

Reply
avatar