Saga: Action/Adventure SFR Coming up This October in GN Format

Saturday, July 28, 2012 0 Comments A+ a-

How jazzed was I to see an awesome futuristic fantasy space action with a love story featuring interracial characters from a reknown groundbreaking comic writer? So jazzed I yelled at my computer after finding out it wasn't even out yet! Then I saw that some issues were available in comic book format and then I commenced to being jazzed once again. ;-)

Y: The Last Man & Runaways writer Brian K. Vaughan has a new series out called Saga which already sounds and looks epic with it's story and artwork. Here are the two awesome covers one for the comic (left) and the upcoming one for the graphic novel collection (right):

The blurb goes a little something like this: When two soldiers from opposite sides of a never-ending galactic war fall in love, they risk everything to bring a fragile new life into a dangerous old universe. From New York Times bestselling writer Brian K. Vaughan (Y: The Last Man, Ex Machina) and critically acclaimed artist Fiona Staples (Mystery Society, North 40), Saga is the sweeping tale of one young family fighting to find their place in the worlds. Fantasy and science fiction are wed like never before in this sexy, subversive drama for adults.


This specially priced volume collects the first six issues of the smash-hit series The Onion A.V. Club calls "the emotional epic Hollywood wishes it could make."

I'm going to try to get my hands on the comic because October is just too far away for me to wait. If I dig it, I'll post a review here with a recommend.

The newest issue #6 comes out August 15th. Here is the cover: