New 'Inheritance' Release Date and some upcoming goodies

Friday, March 18, 2011 3 Comments A+ a-

Hey folks!

Peeking my head out of the ol' writing cave to check in with the world. First of all, my thoughts and prayers go out to the people of Japan and any loved ones you guys may have out there. The news has been devastating and completely unbelievable. The news likes to repeat video footage and I can only see so much devastation before I have to step away. Japan has such a wonderful rich history and to see this is just.....not enough words to say.

In other news, I have this mind as I'm writing 'Inheritance' which starts out in ancient medieval Japan. So it's rather surreal to see the news of now compared with the events and culture so many centuries ago.

As you guys know, I want to make sure these books are as close to perfection as possible. I had originally planned for an April release of 'Inheritance' but I'm going to bump that back a bit to October which was last year's release date for 'Mortals'. There are a lot of items I want to make sure I tie into this last book and to rush it for next month's release would cheat the reading experience for you good folks out there. And first impressions are the ones that matter, even in books. ;-)

Thanks to all who voted in the excerpts poll! It was split down the middle so what I'll do is post excerpts for those who want it and post a warning for those want to go into the books with a clear eye. That way no one will feel left out. ;-)

Another thanks to those who joined me in celebrating last week's Read An Ebook week! Hope you got your download of Uthiel's Embrace which included an excerpt of Cimmerian City (don't worry, it won't end on a downer note!). I'll be putting Uthiel's Embrace up for download again via Smashwords and at the RavenFire Bookstore for folks who missed the earlier edition.

3 comments

Write comments
12:51 PM delete

I can't wait to read the new book....

Reply
avatar
Rae Lori
AUTHOR
3:45 PM delete

Thanks Sav!

Reply
avatar
Melissa
AUTHOR
8:42 AM delete

Yeah about Uthiel's Embrace! Then I can get it on my Nook! Woohoo! Looking forward to the new series....you are the best!! : )

Reply
avatar