Coming up for air ~ Cimmerian City and Ashen T series updates

Sunday, October 03, 2010 2 Comments A+ a-

Hey folks!

It's been a while since I updated everyone here at AWD. I've been diving head first into projects, interviews and other things that my blog has been sitting by the wayside. Not to mention Twitter and Facebook has been more easier to update and add to. With my random thoughts, it's been like "ooh, shiny!" to me. ;-)

In any event, I thought I would update you guys here in detail for those who aren't on FB or twitter.

After time traveling back to the 1920s to write a paranormal/UF short story set in the jazz age, I've zoomed into the future and am finally rewriting/spiffying up Cimmerian City for re-release into the Kindle (yay). Many folks have been asking me about this recently and I thought I would finally set aside some time to work on this. So October is officially Cimmerian City clean up month and I hope to have the final available in digital format again in the next month or so. I'm really excited to get this out as I had some positive feedback on it and readers seemed to enjoy it the first go around in 2007. Hopefully the polished version will be just as enjoyable, if not more!

The follow-up sequel is already finished and just needs to go through some edits to bring it back to its original storyline before I wrote it as a standalone. I didn't get any takers on the story so that will be following CC's release on the Kindle as well.

Here's the new cover for CC (as always, I'll be tweaking it until release time):

The sequel, A Feast of Shadows, has a cover already. Here it is if you haven't seen the new spiffied up version:



As for the Ashen T series, I'm still working on trying to bring Within the Shadows of Mortals to print. I hit a few snags in my plans and unfortunately had to hold it off. I want to have it printed a certain way so that it's more cheaper to readers which entails taking a different print source than I did with A Kiss of Ashen Twilight. Once I get closer to definite news on that, I'll post it here. I'll be hosting another Goodreads giveaway for 'Mortals' like I did with the first in the series so stay tuned for news of that as well.

In November, I have light plans to start heavily into the third and final book in the Ashen T series 'Inheritance of Ashes'. It'll be this year's NaNo project, woo hoo! I'm excited, thrilled and terrified because there are a lot of loose ends I want to make sure I tie up and I want to write a satisfactory end to all that's been building up to now. I posted the cover up at Goodreads but here is the cover for Inheritance of Ashes here:



Depending on how it looks on the paperback cover, there may be a different cover for the digital version like I did with A Kiss of Ashen Twilight. We shall see. :-)

AWD will have some excitement as well in the coming days. I'll be interviewing a very cool team of writers and artists who have released an awesome looking vampire themed graphic novel. I can't wait to read this and I'm very excited to interview them. More news on that soon.

The novel writing group is back on in Second Life. If you're an aspiring writer and want to hang out with a great community, come on down and join us in-world on the weekend. Saturdays at 5 pm Pac time and Sundays at 2 pm Pac time. Hope to see you there!

That should be it for news.

 For some "yay! squee!" news:

Both A Kiss of Ashen Twilight and Within the Shadows of Mortals were given some great reviews by the Paranormal Romance Guild.

Reviewer Michelle says of AKOAT:
4 Stars 
Rae Lori can add one more fan to her, I'M SURE, growing list of fans. This is definitely a series that I will continue to follow! Any fan of this genre..whether UF or PNR will want to pick this one up!

For WTSoM:
5 stars
The action/suspense and drama have definitely been turned up a notch in this one! The author has such a way with her storytelling that she makes you FEEL their happiness, their love, their fear, and their sadness that it makes you forget that anything else exists beside the world that she's created.


The fact that these books have completely sucked me in and left me wanting for more, to me, is a sign of a great author! Well done Rae Lori!!

SO glad they enjoyed it!


Check out the full reviews here!

I took a peek at the UK Kindle store sometime back and saw 'Mortals' had reached #33 in the contemporary fantasy bestseller list. Whoa! That was really cool. I probably should have taken a screenshot or something but thanks to all who checked out the books in both the US and UK stores! Hope you guys are enjoying the reads.

Back to the writing batcave!

2 comments

Write comments
Maria Zannini
AUTHOR
7:28 PM delete

Holy moley! Your energy level is amazing. I feel like a one-legged sloth next to you. LOL.

PS Really love the cover to A Feast Of Shadows. Well done!

Reply
avatar
Rae Lori
AUTHOR
7:46 PM delete

LOL! Don't feel bad though. I'm just coming off a loooooong bout of vacation/rest away from writing so I'm catching up on the huge to do list. Hehe.

Thanks Maria! I enjoyed working on that cover. :-D

Reply
avatar