A New Reading Challenge and Book updates!

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 0 Comments A+ a-

Woo hoo! I just got my copy of Jess Granger's Beyond the Shadows in the mail and I'm soo eager to start it. I'm currently enjoying Teresa D'Amario's Dark Succession (is there a Ryland wandering out there anywhere? hehe) and I'm pretty shocked that I like him even more Kieren from SheWolf (who was yummy all his own).

As if I didn't have enough reading challenges, I'm not adding on a new one which I'm hosting right here at AWD. The 2010 SFR Reading Challenge! I'm hoping this will help spread awareness of the genre a little bit and also to get some great reads spread around the blogsophere. New readers, new voices and new authors. Sounds like win win all around!

To join, hop on over to the sign up page here. Don't forget to check out the rules and grab a button before getting started! There's some explanation about the genre and a few links to some great titles to get your started reading. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone is reading out there!

As for me, I'm not in the habit of picking out my reads beforehand (which is strictly optional for the challenge, fyi ;-)) but I want to add a few TBR books I want to tackle (or at least try to) specifically for the challenge:

Beyond the Shadows by Jess Granger
Appleseed Vol. 3: The Scales of Prometheus
R. Garland Grey's Darkscape: The Rebel Lord
Speculative Sky by Clare Dargin (I LOVED her Cold Warriors book, which I may give a re-read for the challange)
Starjacked by Karin Shah
Games of Command by Linnea Sinclair
In Enemy Hands by K.S. Augustin
Royal Cargo by Ava James
Blood Sin by Toni V. Sweeney
Born of Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Guardian (Time Hunters #2) by Angela Knight

I'm starting a bit smallish with the "Moon Challenge". How about you?

Happy reading!