July Calendar of Events

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 0 Comments A+ a-

Hey folks!

Do you ever get the feeling that you're cruising through life? Or that maybe time is just zipping by while you're in the car driving merrily?

No?

Just me then. ;-)

I could've sworn it was Friday a minute ago!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and to all you USers, I hope you enjoyed your "long" weekend. This month's newsletter is on its way along with a brand, spiffy new FAQ page coming right up to answer all the questions you guys asked me in the past list. Stay tuned for the linkage.

Now that it's time to hop on back to work, I thought I'd give all you lovely readers out there a heads up for things happening this month. The event calendar at my site is updated and is in the progress of being updated with more stuff so check back when you can to see the new goodies.

In the mean time, here's a post to give you a heads up. Second Lifers (wow, that sounds a bit pirate-y).

July 8th - I'll be posting at PopCultureDivas. Something a little bubbly, a little sweet and, of course, poppy.

July 14th - *SL Event*  I'll be on a panel to celebrate The Community Virtual Library Book Fair. I'll be chatting about writing in the virtual world. 6 p.m. SLT (PST)

July 20-31st -*Major SFR Event* Heather over at The Galaxy Quest is hosting a week of SFR guest posts for the second annual Parallel Universe to coincide with Romance Writers of America’s 30th Annual National Conference (July 28-31 in Orlando, FL). I'll be guest blogging during the event (day to be announced) and enjoying the other posts the other week. Be sure to stop by and hang out with us!

July 31st - *SL Event*  The Sci-Fi Portal hosted at Info Island will be holding a Meet the Author discussion event at 1 pm SLT (PST) where I'll be chatting about my short illustrated novella 'The Eye of Alloria'.

I'm going to be taking a mini break and take my author hat off for a bit, while I kick back a little and focus more on my reading. Which means I'll be checking out some bargain reads on the web (stay tuned for those posts) and some new reads from authors I haven't tried out yet.

So hang tight for some more releases, including a novella, coming this fall. I'd love to host a writing challenge to get me back on my themed reading days. Possibly something I haven't seen around the blogosphere lately. If anyone out there has an idea and would like to hop on, hit me up in the comments for some themes you'd like to tackle in your reading pile.

ETA: Shame on me, I forgot one of the biggies this month! I'll be hosting Broad Universe's BroadPod with the theme of military sci-fi and we have a great lineup of authors reading excerpts from their current books. Stay tuned for an announcement and link when the episode goes live!