Reason No. 2,065 For Why I Love Teleread

Thursday, June 10, 2010 2 Comments A+ a-

Teleread, one of the best blogs on digital books and publishing, had a post today as an open letter to Scott Turow, the incoming president of the Author's Guild. Many industry watchers are still talking about the BEA CEO panel where Turow talked with other industry professionals (check out the previous links at this post including a url to C-Span's coverage of the panel).

Considering the continuing rise of ebooks, worry is still in the air over the rush to claim piracy as a reason as to why ebooks are doomed. The open letter addresses and debunks this among many other issues and raises some great points. It'd be great if Turow responds or at least takes the suggestions to serious consideration.

You can check out the full letter with links here.

2 comments

Write comments
9:09 AM delete

Good bit of information. I don't follow e-books closely yet but I'm kept curious with it always. It is good to keep up with all mediums regardless of where the market is but somehow I will always love to have a book in my hand rather than reading at the computer, etc.

Reply
avatar
Rae Lori
AUTHOR
4:54 AM delete

Thanks Angela!

Yeah I agree it's tough to read at the computer! I like curling up with my phone mainly. :-) Ebooks are slowly growing into a force in the industry. It'll be interesting to see where it goes in the next few years.

Reply
avatar