Another Challenge & Some things off the To Do List

Saturday, February 27, 2010 0 Comments A+ a-

Man, I wish more books would be made in audio. I would get more reading done that way so I can integrate it with work!

I just finished three awesome YA fae themed books (two in a row - all dealing with A Midsummer Night's Dream and Oberon's daughters) and now I'm in a big faerie reading mood. Since I'm reading a lot of YA recently, I decided to join the 2010 YA Reading challenge sponsored by Home Girl's Book Blog (love that name!). I'll be doing the Just My Size Reading Challenge at 25 books. Hopefully I can tear into my TBR pile with all these awesome challenges. They're really getting me in the mood to tackle it.

I'm already doing two challenges:

POC Reading Challenge (Most of my IR romance reading will probably tackle this one along with some YA books featuring POC as main characters)

2010 TBR Challenge - I really like this one because each month has a theme and all the books are from your TBR pile that you've been meaning to check out.


This month for the TBR Chalenge, the theme is historical romance, fiction or mystery. I'm thinking of finally reading The Call of Zulina by Kay Marshall Strom which has been sitting on my nightstand waiting patiently for it's turn for a while now. It'll knock out all three challenges and I'm itching for some more YA historicals featuring main character POCs so this one will be fun.

Outside of reading, I'm chopping up Within the Shadows of Mortals in edits. I'm really excited about this one because I've been receiving some awesome positive words about A Kiss of Ashen Twilight and I'm actually enjoying 'Mortals' will be more. Perhaps it's because it has my focus now, but seeing as the stakes are raised and more danger lurks this time around, I'm hoping you readers out there really like it. I really can't wait to present it!