Enter 2010

Saturday, January 02, 2010 2 Comments A+ a-

A new decade, a new year. It's time to start cleaning up house for new faves of the year. I'm looking forward to discovering new goodies to add to my reading and movie list.

I saw a blurb over on NPR About Louisa May Alcott's life. Girlie had a wild streak! And it looked like she didn't think too highly on the "moral pap" of Little Women and such literature "but it paid well". ;-) It'll be interesting to see the woman behind the novel. I'm interrested in learning more about her pulp fiction writings. Wonder if I can get my hands on those...

Here are five things you may not know about Miss Alcott:






Here's the PBS American Masters Trailer:






Since the lull of the end of the year has passed, it's time to start getting back in gear. The novel writing workshop will be starting up, I need to start blogging more in between projects, and some deadlines have gotten closer than they were just a few days ago. Before I grab too many 2010 reads, I want to read more of my TBR pile to get that down. The pile alone on my bed is threatening my sleeping space so I'll have to work on tackling that.

New goodies coming up this month for paranormal fans!

In the movies is the Ethan Hawke futuristic paranormal vampire flick Daybreakers. Yay! I've been waiting like crazy for this one.

Blurb: Two-time Academy Award nominee® Ethan Hawke plays Edward Dalton, a researcher in the year 2019, in which an unknown plague has transformed the world's population into vampires. As the human population nears extinction, vampires must capture and farm every remaining human, or find a blood substitute before time runs out. However, a covert group of vampires makes a remarkable discovery, one which has the power to save the human race.











Oh, I do love that trailer. :-) Daybreakers premieres next Friday, January 8th, 2010.


Next up from across the pond, it's Season 2 of Being Human.

The show last left off on a pretty big cliffhanger so I'm eager to see how they get out of this one. The trailer is pretty sparse but there's some other mini vids available for viewing. If you're a behind the scenes junkie like me, I'm sure you'd like these. :-)
















For more, check out the list of Being Human goodies at Youtube. I'm digging the song which I heard is called Howl by Florence and the Machine. Can't wait to see this one!


Book Lovers! If you're in the Austin area and are looking to join a romance focused book club, join my fellow reader buddy Danielle's group. She has an online group over at Goodreads and anyone is invited. :-)

2 comments

Write comments
Kat
AUTHOR
4:14 AM delete

Happy new Year Rae. I too have a mountain of TBR books but it seems like I never have time to read much anymore. It's insane. But, of course I'm looking forward to the next Sookie Stackhouse coming out in May. I love that series. Plus, season 3 of True Blood based on the books gets underway in June. I don't care how different the show is from the books. Alexander Skarsgard as Eric is totally scrummy.:-)

Reply
avatar
Rae Lori
AUTHOR
11:19 AM delete

Hey Kat!

Hope you're having a wonderful one!

So true. Time keeps getting away and the pile just keeps on growing! Oh! I almost forgot about the new Sookie book and True Blood. I imagine it'll return in the summer like last year. It'll be interesting to see where it goes from here!

And I so agree about Alexander Skarsgard. Big show bonus!

Reply
avatar