Back in the Saddle Again

Wednesday, September 09, 2009 0 Comments A+ a-

The sucky/cool thing about long weekends is you get an extra few days to be lazy and slack off. Woo hoo. But then when those days are over, you feel like Rip Van Winkle and wonder where the heck the past few days went!

Well, I'm wondering the latter and now it's time to get back to work. I've got a YA story I want to write for a call for anthology at a new small press and I need to practice butt in the chair syndrome. Diving in and just writing the darn thing. Of course I'm posting this a few minutes past my bedtime but I figure I'd write it here so I can dream about it and hopefully wake up ready to write like I've never written before!

At least a gal can hope. ;-)

I have a short list of projects I need to finish before deadlines: a fantasy for a Wizard anthology, another YA for an upcoming antho, an academic romance paper and a book to start waay later. I'd rather dip into some short projects first so I don't have to spend too long before hitting the finish line. It's already September and...whoa! I just realized it's 09-09-09. The geek in me is squeeing as we speak.

Anyway, October will be here in no time when edits will start on A Feast of Shadows and hopefully I'll clear my short works before then.

Time to break out the old word count meters!

First I must tackle the books in my reading pile I haven't had a chance to read in the past few days. Looking forward to diving back into them!

Later today starts a new cycle.