Plotters, Pantsers and Screenplay Techniques

Tuesday, August 04, 2009 0 Comments A+ a-





I recently caught this great show on story structure, writing a novel using screenplay techniques, and Plotters and Pantsers and I wanted to pass it on to you guys out there. When I first started learning to write, it was through plays and screenplays while studying the three act structure. Novels aren't too different as they use the same aspects of plot points, rising actions, climaxes and resolutions only with more obstacles. One of the authors in the show gave some good titles where you can employ the same writing techniques and I'll be adding those to my Resources page on my website for writers. Here are the titles below just in case you want to check them out.

Enjoy the listen!

Screenwriting Books That Aspiring Novelists Can Use



Story by Robert McKee



How To Write a Movie In 21 Days by Viki King



Screenplay by Syd Field