Awesome Publishing Quote Alert

Tuesday, July 07, 2009 0 Comments A+ a-

From Jane over at Dear Author:

Jane Friedman, former CEO of HarperCollins, who oversaw 10 years of growth for that publishing company, asks the question about what kind of middlemen will exist in the future of publishing. Unfortunately she provides little guidance. For myself, I see many smaller publishers because of the lower barriers to entry in the digital publishing world and I also see authors who are their own profit centers, contracting out the work that is done by a publisher. I also see freelance editors being curators of work as well as agents. It’s a changing world out there and in 10 years, I believe the face of publishing will be very different than it is today. I hope Dear Author is still around then.
Full link roundup blog post here.