The Admiral's Bride (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #7) by Suzanne Brockmann

Saturday, June 06, 2009 0 Comments A+ a-


This is my first read of a Suzanne Brockmann book and now I know what all the fuss was about! The Admiral's Bride is a reissue from her Silhouette Intimate Moments edition and it's a meaty one. I grabbed this because I was looking for some older heroes/younger heroines contemporaries and since I loved romantic suspense I thought this would be a good start. What an awesome story this turned out to be. I had planned to only read it in between my others but I ended up devouring it in one day!

Where can I find a guy like Admiral Jake Robinson? A complex, sexy strong, resolute alpha male who's not afraid to be sensitive show his feelings and tell what's on his mind will go on my list of memorable heroes. He matches well with Zoe a headstrong, whip smart biochemical weapons expert whose father was saved by Jake in the prologue. The connections are weaved from the beginning and the suspense, thrills and romance both progress nicely as the story unfolds. I was bummed when this story came to an end!

I also love the chemistry and camaraderie between the SEALs team. From Star Trek and X-Men references to the way they worked and joked with each other, they felt real and like peeking in on old friends. I found myself laughing out loud at their sayings.

I'm definitely going to check out more of Ms. Brockmann's works as I've good things about her Troubleshooters series (especially the couple of Sam and Alyssa) but first I'm going to dive into Taylor's Temptation. I hope that story has a scene to rival the scorching hot shower and rooftop scenes!!

The Admiral's Bride is available now in ebook and print formats. Mira published the new series from the formerly released Silhouette Intimate Moments edition.