Out from under the pile

Monday, January 19, 2009 2 Comments A+ a-

Wow, that was probably the longest weekend ever! Lots of things going on workwise and now I'm finally getting a good breather! Exhale!

The weekend was pretty grueling for me and my editor. We went back and forth on making sure A Kiss of Ashen Twilight was smooth and made sense. I didn't realize the complexities until she brought them up and I realized it needed a bit extra to make sure the backgrounds and twists came up okay for the reader. It's interesting how some things unravel even before I know about them which is happening in the second book, Within the Shadows of Mortals, as I'm writing it. I'm glad I went through book 1 and found some little possibilities what will pop up in the future. I'll probably write the big scene I was leading up to for the past few weeks and put that aside so my brain can work on the rest of it.

Time change alert. The release date for Within the Shadows of Mortals has moved back a little to August 3rd. This works much better for my editor and I because we have more time to plan for edits and I'll have more creative time to flesh out the story. So it works awesomely in the end. I had bookmarks and postcards printed up before the date change so if you get one, don't mind the tiny mishap, hehe. Hope you enjoy the artwork and the information on the book instead. :-)

I must admit, I do feel a weight lifted now that the main edits are finished and after the date change. Now I can better plan for some other projects coming in the works.

I may have mentioned this earlier, but it seems to be pretty official. I'm writing a chapter on Worldbuilding for the upcoming The Complete Guide to Writing Paranormal currently contracted by Dragon Moon Press. I'll be keeping the aspiring authors in mind as I write this chapter and hopefully offer some good advice in the process.

Anywho, that's where I'm at. I'll be trying to recover from the weekend then it's back on those few scenes before I take a breather from the series. For a little while until edits are completely done and ARCs are made and sent for printing anyway!

There's no 2 chances you can win an ARC of A Kiss of Ashen Twilight btw.

Tomorrow the Literary Escapism giveaway ends and Marta's Vampire Wire starts today and ends Saturday. Whether you win or lose I'm offering up some bookmarks and postcards to anyone who comments so hop on over for a chance to win. Don't forget to check out my interviews as well while you're there. :-)

2 comments

Write comments
Melissa W.
AUTHOR
10:17 PM delete

Definitely sounds like you've been a busy girl! I can't wait to read "A Kiss Of Ashen Twilight"--I made sure to pass along the link to my cousin Ci. She loves paranormal. I will continue to promote it where I can! Hugs!

Reply
avatar
Rae Lori
AUTHOR
10:27 PM delete

Thanks so much, Lis! You rock, girlie! I'll have to send you guys some promo goodies, hehe.

Huggs!

Reply
avatar