Samhain Acquires Linden Bay Romance

Saturday, December 06, 2008 4 Comments A+ a-

Welp, you've probably already heard the news by now but in case you haven't here it is:

In a bold move, Samhain Publishing (www.samhainpublishing.com) announced the purchase of Linden Bay Romance (http://lindenbayromance.com/). In light of the downward spiral of the economy and the rapid consolidation of many of the larger publishers, Samhain Publishing has seized their chance to expand their market share by creating a new fiction line under the popular Samhain brand.

“From the beginning one of my goals was to create multiple lines within Samhain,” says Christina Brashear, owner of Samhain Publishing. “With Linden Bay Romances’ excellent reputation, I made the offer in the hopes the owners would see this sale as a mutual benefit to both houses.”

“We hadn’t considered selling Linden Bay and we were slowly making inroads with regards to increasing print distribution, but we’ve found, especially in light of the economy, neither sales teams nor buyers are very open to taking a chance on a smaller, less established press,” says Lori James, part owner of Linden Bay Romances. “Samhain Publishing has the relationships in place that would take us years to develop.” James continues, “The offer came at a time when we realized under the Samhain umbrella, Linden Bay Romances will be stronger and reach its full potential faster.”

“For Samhain, it is a win-win situation,” says Brashear. “We will expand our lines with an established name in the electronic book industry and we’ll acquire an excellent stable of authors, editors and artists.”

I literally just signed with Linden Bay Romance earlier this week and it's kinda weird that we'll be merging with Samhain, but very exciting. We were told about the news in a private author chat last night and I got to know some of the people behind Samhain and they were very awesome, friendly and helpful. I've heard such wonderful things about both companies. Author friendly all around and very good with getting their books to readers with good promo which attracted me to them. Plus they work closely with their authors and that kind of partnership is what I desired in working with my publishers. So far I've been really happy reaching this goal while working with Lyrical & Freya's Bower as well and I look forward to achieving this with Samhain/Linden Bay Romance. I have a few more in the pipeline after I honor my contracts for the next few months and I'd like to submit some future stuff to Samhain/LBR. Gorgeous covers, great distribution and great people to work with makes me think I'd like to also be there for a while.

4 comments

Write comments
J.K. Coi
AUTHOR
1:15 PM delete

It's great to have you at LBR!

Immortals to Die For
www.jkcoi.com

Reply
avatar
Shiela
AUTHOR
1:58 PM delete

Glad to have you join the rest of us, Rae and looking forward to getting to know you better. :)

Reply
avatar
Rae Lori
AUTHOR
4:25 PM delete

Thanks J.K. and Shiela! Looking forward to working with you guys! :-)

Reply
avatar
Happywriter2
AUTHOR
11:26 PM delete

That is incredible. I had no idea Samhain had become that big!

Reply
avatar