The Loom of the NaNo

Monday, October 27, 2008 6 Comments A+ a-



Hmm, I figured I'd be a bit swamped this year with a few projects of mine but I'm slowly getting coerced into doing NaNoWrimo. Lol For folks out there not familiar with the phenomenon, this is a widespread movement where writers get their butts in gear, push away all excuses and what have you's to sit down and write a complete novel in a month. 50k in this context (which, yes, is a bit small by novel industry standards but just right around some epubs). The focus is just getting words on the page toward your goal which is awesome cause I'm a complete pantser when it comes to writing. I have a book in mind that I've been wanting to write that I think I may enter in NaNo. I also have a short story to start and finish as well as some edits to still get through so this'll be fun seeing where it goes. :-D

If you're interested in particpating, you can check out the site over at http://www.nanowrimo.org








6 comments

Write comments
N. Mahana
AUTHOR
8:59 AM delete

Thanks for the info Rae. Shit I can barely write a short story in a month ... I would be beyond pushing it, but I suppose it's worth a try.

I guess this depends on what month. If they are talking next month I don't see how I'll get the The Gift completed and write a 50k word novel at the same time.

I might have to wait till next year for this one.

Reply
avatar
Rae Lori
AUTHOR
3:28 PM delete

Np! Yeah it does kind of sneak up on ya. I almost forgot until someone reminded me. Ack.

Yeah you could def make a note of it next year. Or have a mini NaNo during off season. :-D

Reply
avatar
12:31 PM delete

it is nuts how fast it is sneaking up on us...I am ready to kick butt and hit 50,000

Reply
avatar
Rae Lori
AUTHOR
3:29 PM delete

Woot! That's what I'm talkin' about!

Go Sav! :-D

Reply
avatar
6:34 AM delete

I'm pretty excited about it....one more day to go and it is time to get cracking

Reply
avatar
Rae Lori
AUTHOR
1:50 PM delete

Yup! One more day! Get those fingers and cups of coffee ready lol. :-D

Reply
avatar