Linkspam, Upcoming Con and new blog reads

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 5 Comments A+ a-

Hey folks!

Taking a break from the book recommends to share some news.



First off, I just found out about KillerCon 2009. This is a multi-genre con featuring the paranormal romance, thriller and horror genres all in one goodie package. The first annual con will be held next September in Las Vegas baby and registrations are open now. I'm planning on attending with some promo goodies and books in hand so if any authors out there want to share a table drop me an email or leave me a message on my myspace page. Readers, I'll keep you posted on my first ever con appearance which is very exciting!

To learn more about KillerCon09, click the official website: http://www.killercon.org

Great blog alert! You may have noticed a new addition to my ever growing list of blog reads. The newest addition is Zoe Winters' blog, an upcoming paranormal romance writer who is very witty while being informative at the same time. Her list of topics include pop culture, books, romance and just plain ole anything she feels like. Of note is her post about Being Acceptable which any author of any level can definitely relate to.

And speaking of writing, I've been on a Twilight Zone/Rod Serling binge lately after Youtube-ing it up (whoever thought Youtube would become a blurb?) with some Serling interviews. As a creator of one of the best series in television history, Serling has crafted some amazing short stories, screenplays, teleplays and plays in general. He has much respect for the craft of storytelling, story crafting and creativity, much enthusiasm that hasn't been seen much in today's entertainment (unless you go to books ;-) ). YT has 16 vids of his Writing for Television class that I highly recommend if you're writer, no matter what medium you're writing. Story is overall key. Here's a snippet of Serling's thoughts:



5 comments

Write comments
Zoe Winters
AUTHOR
1:05 AM delete

Wow, thank you so much for linking my blog! I just noticed you on the incoming links tab for my stats.

Reply
avatar
7:45 AM delete

the con looks interesting, ever heard of it..

Reply
avatar
Rae Lori
AUTHOR
12:03 PM delete

Hi Zoe!

My pleasure. Your blog is so fun to read and I find myself nodding my head a lot of times! :-D


Hey Sav!

Yeah, this looks like a new con. I love the idea that it combines paranormal romance and thrillers, so I'm really jazzed to go. I hope you can go, too. It'd be awesome to share a table with ya! :-D

Reply
avatar
Zoe Winters
AUTHOR
4:34 PM delete

Gah, I'm glad you find it helpful. Half the time I reread stuff and I think I sound like SUCH a know-it-all. OMG. ack.

Reply
avatar
Rae Lori
AUTHOR
1:04 PM delete

Hehe nah not at all. I see you as a passionate writer who speaks some truth about the industry! :-)

Quite refreshing, I must say.

Reply
avatar