Book Release & Sale!

Sunday, April 13, 2008 3 Comments A+ a-




In my effort to catch up with all things that got left behind for the past month or so, I have gathered some great news...and lots of it!

First off, thanks for all the comments left on this blog! I'll make sure to post my responses and thanks.

My latest release is a very special one. The Nothing But Red Anthology was created in memory of Du'a Khalil Aswad, a young art student who was the victim of her family's honor killing. It's filled with a wonderful group of contributors who submitted poems, artwork, stories and works speaking about stopping violence against women. The proceeds go to Equality Now and is now available at Lulu.com in ebook and print versions. I've submitted a poem entitled She Breaks Like Glass and also an accompanying art piece.


Also! Freya's Bower has just acquired my romantic suspense novel Before Dawn Breaks! I'm currently going through edits on it but I will definitely keep you guys posted with the cover and release in the coming days. :-)

Also, if anyone out there has won a prize in a contest sponsored by me or with my prizes PLEASE contact me to get your goodies. Send an email Rachel@raelori.com and we'll get your prizes to you asap.

For the current contest to win a copy of Cimmerian City, please check out my interview with avid reader/reviewer Crystal over at Interviews with Authors.

3 comments

Write comments
Ellen
AUTHOR
11:21 AM delete

Rae, thanks for blogging about "Nothing But Red." I'm a contributor, too, and I've posted my entry here (should anyone want to get a feeling for what the anthology is about):

http://www.redroom.com/author/ellen-r-sheeley

Ellen R. Sheeley, Author
"Reclaiming Honor in Jordan"

Reply
avatar
sidhevicious
AUTHOR
2:37 AM delete

Hi Rae,
Congrats on all the good news and the release of Nothing But Red! Just wanted to pop by to say hello and see what's new with you. :) Take care,

Sidhe

Reply
avatar
Rae L.
AUTHOR
3:07 AM delete

Thanks for posting your link, Ellen! Good to meet another contributor. Definitely check out Ellen's post to learn more about our antho.

Thanks so much dropping by, Sidhe! I have a project that's right up your alley to read but I'm currently waiting on the status from publishers. Hopefully I have some good news soon though! :-)

Reply
avatar