Spotlight on Author Jane Joyce

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 0 Comments A+ a-




This month we have a special author as a spotlight! A gal who is a multi-talented artist and musician in addition to being a writer. She's also my former classmate in art school. ;-)

A little bit about Jane:

Jane Joyce was born in Oregon in 1983. In 1994 she moved with her mother, brother, and stepfather to Phoenix, Arizona, where she has lived ever since. Jane graduated with Honors from the Art Institute of Phoenix and earned a Bachelor’s of Arts Degree in Animation. Having traveled to a handful of countries, she has a desire to see the entire world! Locally, Jane plays bass guitar in the band WOMB: Warriors Of Make Believe. With a passion for living and a unique perspective of life, Jane wishes to share what she has learned and channeled with all. Of course, she aspires to do so in an entertaining way!

October 2007, Jane publishes the first book in her Totality of All Being Trilogy. Volume 1 entitled: Lucifer’s Experiment. March 7, 2017; San Antonio, Texas: A twelve year old girl named Cameron Chase begins miraculously healing schoolmates while displaying unfathomable powers such as levitating and creating force fields. During her public debut, she takes control of every television in the world and exposes the development of a new Nuclear Bomb. While explaining how the innovative Waterdrop bomb is capable of creating water, she is attacked by a Nufoid; an alien assassin. Cameron teleports to safety and begins gathering key people. Can she convince the world governments to begin an expedition to the moon to birth an atmosphere, for what she claims is the only way to save humanity from being destroyed by a higher race? Can she survive another confrontation with the Nufoid? And is she really Lucifer incarnate as she claims?

A Writer's Dream invited Jane to tell us a little bit about what influences her writing, what type of writing she likes as well as her many accomplishments.

Q: How would you describe the genre in which you do most of your writing?

The genre of my writing tends to be very collectic. I am influenced by all the strange and fascinating things that I have faced in my life, and those random influences is where I get the heart of my stories. Which is character interaction. Dynamics between characters can deal any range of topics within the plotline and I find myself often jumbling all arenas of thought together. Finding the separating line and erasing it.


Q: Who is your target audience?

My target audience is anyone who likes to challenge themselves while enjoying a good read. Anyone who is seeking more out of life. I find that people of who take an interest in spiritualism, metaphysics, or science tend to enjoy my work.

Q: Who would you say has influenced you the most?

The biggest influences in my life are the people I grew up with, my friends my family. The music I listen to, the movies I watch, the stories and events in my own life, all these things contribute to my story telling. As for books I would say everything I have ever read has influenced me. Though I have read an excessive amount of Orson Scott Card, Robert Jordan, and Jules Vern to name a few.

Q: What are your main concerns as a writer?

To keep my reader engaged and leave them fulfilled afterwards.


Q: How have your personal experiences influenced the direction of your writing?

Writing tends to be a reflection of the Author’s life, and I find this true with all my stories and especially so with my first book, Chicanery Absolved. Every moment of every day is a goldmine that explodes forth with situations and dynamics that will make a story a success. Writing is another form of emulating life. The better I can understand myself and my own life, the better I will become at writing.

Q: Do you write everyday? How much time do you spend on your writing?

I write and doodle everyday. When I write a story I always type unless I am editing. If I am writing a book I tend to immerse myself heavily into the story so as not to lose train of thought. When I am in this mode, I will spend anywhere from 2-10 hours a day writing. I find my productivity exponentially increases the longer I work on a project, so I devote all my spare time to a project once I have began. If I write for two hours I will write about 2000 words, but if I write for 4 hours I will write 5000 words, and the more time I put in for each sitting, the less time it takes to finish the entire project, and it gets finished sooner!

Q: Which aspects of the work that you put into the book did you find most difficult?

Some of the stories I have written have a great deal of violence. These scenes are always incredibly challenging to write as it taps my mind into dark realms and can leave me taxed.
Q: Which did you enjoy most?

There is nothing more enjoyable than having a long chapter well outlined and planned in my head. It allows me to sit down and easily begin a workflow. Hours can blissfully pass by like minutes and I come out of these states with a substantial amount of work done. It is very gratifying.
Q: What sets this new book apart from the other things you have written?

Lucifer’s Experiment is the first book I ever wanted to write but never knew it. I had an idea for a self help/awareness expanding book, but could never formulate it. In the summer of 2005 I faced the most important life changing decision of my life, and building up to that day I had a tremendous amount of idea’s flowing. Chicanery Absolved was nearly finished and all the ideas melded together and I realized I had a tremendous storyline, but it was far too long and so it was cut into three parts. Each volume focused on a different generation on Earth facing the same problems, and we see how the choices in the past affected the present as the characters reincarnate throughout the trilogy.

Q: In what way is it similar?

I try to lace all of my writing with insight and grace and with Lucifer’s Experiment, I feel I have finally achieved my goal.

Q: What will your next book be about?

Volume 2 of The Totality of All Being Series, will be available mid 2008. Volume 2 deals with the future world that has unfolded from our heroes and saints in Volume 1.

With the birth of Lunar, the world proved to be united for one major expedition set into motion by the renowned miracle worker, Cameron Chase. With the religion of Camisim pressing strong into the future, a prophet foretells the rebirth of Cameron and the child is found. The young boy named Phoenix must discover if he is the young messiah reborn or if they have mistaken him for someone else. Even with peace in his heart, there are those who are threatened by Phoenix's very existence. Phoenix does not claim he is Cameron Chase reborn, but he uses his fame and wisdom to spread positive messages and warnings. The Sword is a prominent secret society that operates without secrets, their primary devotion to usurp The Shadow and expose the lies. Phoenix becomes very influenced by their cause.

When mandatory National IdentChip microchips are required of all citizens. Phoenix challenges The New World Democracy and their newly elected Chancellor of the World Senate, Trillionare Sir Arthur King. Will Phoenix remain imprisoned for opposing the bodily implanted microchip? With water shortages and famine abroad and starvation en mass globally; will the world be convinced to colonize Lunar? And would it remain only for the Elites? Is Lunar the key to redeeming humanity? Or is the temptation of the moon destined to lead to humanities downfall in these end times?

Q: What would you say has been your most significant achievement as a writer?

Having Lucifer’s Experiment be compared to The Celestine Prophecy and The Secret. Truly, the best achievement for me Is knowing that my writing has positively impacted people in great ways. I have had about two dozen people tell me how much that book changed them in a good way, and to me my goal is already achieved even though the job can never be finished.


You can learn more about Jayne by visiting her on the web!

Website: http://www.JaneJoyce.net
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/JaneGray


The Totality of Being Volume 1 is available now from Amazon. Check out the book that Foreward Magazine calls "a fantastic tale that provides intelligent chunks of science, philosophy, and religion for the reader to feast upon".


Also available by Jayne Joyce:

Chicanery Absolved

In a world dominated by LAD microchips (Locate, Assess, and Disable) implanted within the backs of people’s necks, each citizen must undergo a mandatory form of forced service called Dosh’tai. The young and ambitious Margery Parasha volunteers to perform her service when she becomes eligible at the age of nineteen, but she finds herself placed within the possession of an abusive and wicked man named Bren Bailey, who is son to one of the wealthiest land owners in the world.

Available Now










The Note

A group of kids come across a cursed Note. They must destroy it before midnight or they will all die. They try everything obvious they can think of but the paper wont even burn. Can the children figure out how to destroy the note before midnight? Or will the curse fulfill its promise?

Available Now