In Memory of Dawn Thompson

Saturday, February 09, 2008 0 Comments A+ a-

I just heard this on Myspace today.

You may have noticed a book that keeps creeping up on my Recommended list and that's Lord of the Deep by Dawn Thompson. I'm sad to say that Ms. Thompson passed Friday around 2pm according to author Deborah Macgillivray. I couldn't believe it at first and I had to read it a few times to let it sink in. But it's pretty surreal to be introduced to an author's words that are so involved to create a world for you to step in...and then they are gone. But like actors and directors...they live on through their words. And I'm forever grateful to have known Ms. Thompson through the beautiful words of her Elemental series. I'm not sure if we'll get to see the entire series but I will gladly wait for July 2008 for the release of her new book in the series Lord of the Dark. I've been eyeing her Blood Moon series and since reading the Elementals I'm definitely going to get my hands on that series as well.

Deborah Macgillivray is taking flower contributions as well as donations to Stephen King's The Haven Foundation. Info is as follows:


Deborah Macgillivray
Contact@deborahmacgillivray.co.uk

or you may send a contribution to Stephen King's
The Haven Foundation

The Haven Foundation
P.O. Box 128
Brewer, ME 04412


Author Dawn Thompson will be surely missed but never forgotten.

http://www.dawnthompson.com
http://www.myspace.com/lordofthedeep