Catching up

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 1 Comments A+ a-




It's the middle of the week and I'm finally getting hold of AKoAT. I'm doing edits on it while filling in the details so it keeps growing and growing and growing. Some items I had to change because it would add more tension and fit more with the characters. I'm near the beginning so I still have a bit of a ways to go until it's completely the way I want it. I got my book on Scotland a few days ago so I can make sure my flashback scenes are accurate. I'm still waiting on my African mythology book so I can add some background flair to my heroine's world.

In other news I'm also doing edits for Uthiel's Embrace and while working with a pair of awesome editors from the publishing house, I'm starting to identify my writing weaknesses. So much in fact that I already highlighted my overused words in my current WIP which helps me to nip the tell in the bud so I can show what's going on. It definitely adds more flair to the scenes with description. I have to say I'm really enjoying this particular world. I already started Book 2 in the same world because AKoAT ends rather openly which gives way for another book. But I may have to jump to the future after this one and give myself a break from my urban fantasy world.

Meanwhile I'm finishing up a Desire book that I've been reading. The title made me roll my eyes but dangit this story is good! I downloaded it during HQN's end of the year free ebook giveaway thingie and this is one of the ones that stood out. I won't repeat the title. Let's just say there's a ton of other more catchy book titles I can think of instead, but hey, if HQN readers love it who am I to talk? ;-)

Btw, writers who are kind of down in the dumps with the business end should check out author Denise Agnew's post about Talent is Not A Best Seller's List. Great words to remind us writers why we do what we do. :-)

1 comments:

Write comments
12:49 PM delete

I know this is an old blog, but I wanted to tell you that I'm so excited about Uthiel's Embrace!

Let me know if there are any sneak peeks floating around out there!

genella _ degrey @ hotmail . com

I am a writer, too!
:)
G.

Reply
avatar