Oooh more vampires!

Monday, October 15, 2007 2 Comments A+ a-

Last week was a complete whirlwind of fun fun fun. Raven from RAH (yes, Raven! hehe) posted our chat over at the forums, if you'd like to check it out. I've been trying to contact some folks who may be interested in the book and the grab contest which is completely open and enter-able...that's not even a word but it works int this particular situation. ;-)

This Sunday I actually rested...Gasp! Shock! Weird because I'm usually doing some kind of work but last night I got completely hooked on Blood Ties the Lifetime show based on Tanya Huff's Vicky Nelson PI books. The show is rather awesome and I have no idea why it took me this long to catch onto it, but I am seriously hooked. I've been having a marathon watching the first season back to back with no commercials. Ahh gotta love the internet tv viewing. If you like cop shows with a slash of the occult, definitely check it out on the Lifetime site. If you're a fan of vampires, particularly sexy, shoulder length scraggly haired ones, it might be right up your alley. ;-)

On the book front, I finally got Seressia Glass's new book Dream of Shadows which I have been eagerly waiting for. Once I finish with Clare Dargin's Cold Warriors (great military SF romance ebook!) I'm thinking about diving into Dream of Shadows. Still in the queue is Sheryl Nantus's The Second Line and Murdoch Hughes's The Seattle Barista Killer, a vampire and werewolf novel respectively. I'm pretty happy to see the range of paranormal novels out because I grew up reading and watching lots of entertainment with this kind of subject matter.

On the writing front, next month is NaNoWriMo and I can't wait to dive in. I'm really pondering using Cimmerian Girl as my NaNo Novel (bwah!) since so many possibilities are swimming around for the end of the arc that's been building.

Either way, I can't wait!

2 comments

Write comments
Rick Bylina
AUTHOR
9:21 AM delete

Never too early to get ready for the rush to NANO. I'm getting all those pesky chores done: birthday cards readied for the mail, haircut, food stores readied, frozen meals made up, bills will be paid on the 30th, emails to family members not to bug with unnecessary calls between certain hours, grass cut, weeds pulled, toenails clipped, anti-vampire spray sprayed (don't need the interruptions).

Write hardy; write long.

-rick
http://muse-needed.blogspot.com/

Reply
avatar
Rae L.
AUTHOR
11:35 AM delete

How true that is! And you can't leave home without the anti-vamp spray... unless they are yummy. ;-)

Reply
avatar