No Day But Today

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 5 Comments A+ a-

Blade just went off for the umpteenth time on my screen and I just noticed another promo for Rent coming on later tonight. I can probably count the amount of times I've seen Rent on my fingers and maybe some toes, hehe. I think the reason is Blade is a movie I can pop on and write or do work while listening (and turning my head at all the awesome parts o' course!) to the sounds in the background. Especially while getting into my vampire mood! :-D
Rent, on the other hand, is a different story. I only watch it at certain times when I get in that mood because the movie is simply magical to me. A whole range and rollercoaster of emotions run across the board from excitement to happiness to sadness to fear to heartbreak to tragedy and tears and finally back to being hopeful for the future and simply living like "no day but today" (if that makes any sense)!

I'll have to slide some time out to sit down and watch that perhaps later tonight. It's a wonderful film to watch whenever the world gets crazy. Which can be pretty often. ;-)

Off to return to editing so I can refrain from popping in the soundtrack lol.


5 comments

Write comments
Ndelible
AUTHOR
9:15 PM delete

I haven't watched Rent yet, but everytime I think of it, I think of the parody in Team America: World Police. It's hysterical and colors my perception of Rent.

Gurl, just wanted to shout out now that I've got the whole figuring out blogs, being able to add links to my blog as well as feeds to specific posts. I just found the Gerard Butler site, can I tell you that BF Amber absolutely LOVES him! I see all the pics of him with gorgeous sistahs - is he into BW? If so, it'll give her hope... I'm sending her a link NOW!

Reply
avatar
Rae L.
AUTHOR
3:08 AM delete

Hey girlie!

Ahh! I have to figure out the feeds thing as I always wonder about it, but I have yet to get the hang of it. Feel free to pass on some tips lol.

Why yes indeedy Mr. Butler happens to have a preference for bw. I believe he confessed it to an italian magazine a few months ago. Lol hope that makes Amber's day!

Reply
avatar
Ndelible
AUTHOR
4:36 PM delete

I know there are all kinds of sophisticated ways to put up feeds, links and such, but I've only got it down to the very simplest of tasks. We'll make it happen... I just know we will!

I forgot to ask her if she looked at the site today when we spoke, but we'll go over it tomorrow at dinner. He's one beautiful man; when she started going on and on about him, I had no idea who he was. I still haven't seen 300 though....

Reply
avatar
Danielle
AUTHOR
6:05 PM delete

Hello Rae -

I'm new to your blog. I'm a member of GBAD and love your blog. Mr. Butler is totally scrumptious and yes he does love black women. It was a subject of controversy because he stated in a Brazilian interview that he digs us.

Long story short, some women lost their damned minds. GB seems like an equal opportunity employer if u know what I mean, so all the hate because he stated his love for us is ridiculous.

Reply
avatar
Rae L.
AUTHOR
11:11 PM delete

Ndel,

I believe in you girlie! Lead the way lol.

I heard 300 was really good. I really love the way the trailer was cut to the music. It's a work of art in itself. And don't get me started on Rodrigo and Gerry, hee.
He was scrumptious in Phantom & Tomb Raider 2 (although I'm not too fond of the movie...ehh) definitely check em out for Gerry goodness.

Danielle,

Welcome to my blog!! Glad to have ya here. :-D

I must agree with you both, Mr. Butler sure is scrumptious. And that accent, swooooon. He's a beautiful work of art indeed!

*fans self* lol :-D

Reply
avatar