A new appearance & Book TV

Friday, June 01, 2007 0 Comments A+ a-

It's June 1st and some new things are on the horizon here in Rae's Land.

First off, the biggest event in the publishing industry is here: BookExpo America in New York City! Hopefully I can make it in the coming years, but for now I'm going to be tuning into my local C-Span to watch it on Book TV, which has become my new weekend obsession. Tomorrow the channel will be showcasing ethics in book reviewing as well as what the mystery is behind best-selling books.

And speaking of book reviews, some of my myspace friends have been talking about the ethics of book reviews and how to be wary of unsavory reviewers out there trying to get a hold of your book to sell on ebay & amazon (check these sites if you have a bunch galleys or ARCs you've given out to make sure your book isn't out there!) as well some other online bookstores.

Author E. Lucas-Taylor gives insight into finding and getting good reviews for your book in her latest blog (if you're on Myspace I highly suggest you sign up for her blog because her entries are very invaluable with some great advice). Also, Pam Osbey of Osbey books also posted in her blog an article to the Midwest Book Reviews about Spotting Phony Reviews!

Also, I have another project I'm really jazzed about. :-D

Noel over at Gerard After Dark http://gerardbutler-afterdark.blogspot.com has asked be to join as a guest author contributor!! It's a fabulous blog not only dedicated to the hotness and breathtaking manliness of one of the most talented men in the entertainment industry aka Gerard Butler:



Swooon. And you should hear the man speak with his Scottish accent...it's like...whoa...

It's also a blog that centers around the empowerment of women of color. The gal who runs it is really a great person so it's gonna be pretty awesome social issues addressed and many pretty pictures to be posted. There's also another blog along the same lines in the works and I'll be posting that link here as well.

There's tons going on at the moment including the creation of the Oasis. I'm slowly formatting it as the days go on and I think it's getting to be halfway. We have some great issues coming up so keep an eye out.

Also, the RaeLori.com newsletter is going to be coming out in a few days. To sign up for all the updates going on with me, be sure to check out www.raelori.com/mailinglist.

I'm also working on a bunch of different writing projects with varying genres. I'll be announcing the progress of those in the coming weeks ahead.