An Interview with Rae Lindley

Thursday, March 01, 2007 0 Comments A+ a-

My first interview! Ahhhhhh! I think I'm finally passing the threshold where I'm not just a writer, but an actual author!

Wow.

A snippet:

- What truly motivates you in general? In your writing?

Definitely my characters. I love the stories that have to tell and the way they interact with each other. Much of it offsets and illustrates their environment they live within so I get to explore different times and worlds at the same time, while carrying my message throughout the story.

- Where do your ideas come from?
From all over. Strangely enough, I have a ton of what if situations that pop up in my head. It could be started by a character doing something in a movie and I wonder what if something completely different happened, pop there’s an idea. Or I hear about a news event that happened and I see a solution that I can later try out in one of my stories.

- Do you have a favorite author? Favorite book?
Definitely. My favorite author would have to be Seressia Glass, because I love love love her book No Commitment Required. It’s probably my favorite in its category. And my ultimate favorite book is Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. I first read it in high school and it’s had an impact on me ever since. I never read another book that defined our world so spot on even though it was written more than 50 years ago!

- What do you think of critique groups in general?
I think they’re a necessary asset for writers, especially beginning writers, in general. I benefited greatly from it myself when I was honing my own works and to get constructive feedback allows you to step back from your own work and see things through other people’s eyes.

- Among your own books, have you a favorite book? Favorite hero or heroine?
I’m biased toward Cimmerian City, I’d have to say. *laughs* Raven Blackheart is my alter ego and favorite heroine because she’s a side of me that doesn’t get to come out very often! She says what’s on her mind, she makes wise cracks in the heat of the moment and her temper often gets the best of her.

Mosey on over here to check out the fult interview I have with Romance At Heart Magazine: http://romanceatheart.com/interview/raelindley.html

I feel very blessed to be doing what I love and to be spreading what I know to fellow readers and writers. I can't help but feel on the edge of something big and I'm just itching to dive in and bask in the experience!

My week has been made!!

Also check out my Author's Den page with some poems I wrote a loooooong time ago never shown before anywhere!
http://www.authorsden.com/raelori