The World of Comic Books

Monday, August 14, 2006 0 Comments A+ a-

Well, I'm slowly getting back into the comic book world. One of the good things about taking a break from school is I can finally catch up on my reading! Even though I've read Elektra, Vampirella, Tomb Raider, Witchblade, Darkness, etc in the past, lately I've been more enthralled with reading webcomics from some fellow writer friends of mine: Fireblast, Wapsi Square and Gun Street Girl Comics. Once I get some more time I'm going to look at some other online comics and see what other goodies I can find. I always lament about the fact that there's no good science fiction stories around, but I'm finding more and more you have to go looking beyond what you see on the surface in the mainstream today to usually find the good stuff.

On my 'to get' list:

Wapsi Square 2001-2004
Half Dead the graphic novel
The Boondocks graphic novel collection
Joss Whedon's Fray
Danger Girl - The Ultimate collection
Gen 13 graphic novels