Friday, June 27, 2014

Shadows of the Past by Carmen Stefanescu

When Anne and Neil leave on a one-week holiday hoping to reconcile after a two-year separation, little do they know that destiny has other plans for them. Their discovery of human bones and a bejeweled cross in the hollow of a tree open the door to the supernatural realm and the anguished life of Genevieve, a nun from medieval England.

Can Anne save her relationship and help Genevieve her eternal rest?

The twists and turns in this paranormal tale keep the reader guessing up to the end and weave themselves together into a quest to rekindle love.







I've been meaning to read Shadows of the Past for some time and I'm glad I finally had a chance to read it. This was such a fresh read. Both Anne and Genevieve's stories are told in a parallel fashion. Genevieve's story leads the mystery as her tale unfolds in the 1400s as a nun in a monastery.  Poor Genevieve lived such a hard life losing her loved ones to terrified townsfolk and Anne begins to pick up the pieces when she and her husband  Neil (whom she wishes to reconcile with after a recent infidelity) are vacationing. The cover paints this as a more explicit and sexy read than what's between the covers and I was thankful to see that it wasn't. I loved the way the story started seemingly on opposite ends at first but slowly came together to tell a unified story. It was a tragic yet engaging tale and I think historical fans will enjoy the medieval scenes that brought the time period to life. This was a nice story to read after a slew of fluffy romances and I'm thankful to read it when I did.

Shadows of the Past is now available at online retailers. Thank you to Ms. Stefanescu for the read in exchange for an honest review!

1 comments:

Carmen Stefanescu said...

Thank you greatly for reading and reviewing my novel!
I am glad you enjoyed it.
Best regards,
Carmen

Template by:

Free Blog Templates