Saturday, November 03, 2012

Author Spotlight on Aubrie Dionne, Author of Colonization





In just a few days, author (and fellow Star Trek, Star Wars and Firefly fan) Aubrie Dionne releases her latest  YA sci-fi romance offering! AWD is honored to have the multi-talented speculative author and flutist  on our blog today to celebrate the release of her new book, Colonization!

Aubrie sat down and chatted with us about her work and her current novel. SF readers and fans are in for a special treat!



Q&A With Aubrie Dionne


AWD: When did you decide you wanted to be a writer?
AD: I teach flute lessons and play in orchestras, and I love making up stories to go along with the music. My flute students told me I should start writing them down, and here I am today!

AWD: How would you describe the genre in which you do most of your writing?
AD: Actually, I thought I’d be a fantasy writer, but my science fiction is selling much better, so that’s what I’ve been writing mostly.

AWD: Who is your target audience?
AD: I’d say women from 14-35. Although, I have had a few men read my books and enjoy them!

AWD: What motivated you to start writing in this genre?
AD: I loved Star Wars and Star Trek growing up, and I wanted to create my very own “Space Opera.”

AWD: What are your main concerns as a writer?
AD: Doing justice to my story and characters and making sure my audience is entertained.

AWD: What would you say are the biggest challenges that you face?
AD: The challenges used to be the enormous pile of rejections, but they don’t seem to bother me as much now! I’m over it!

AWD: Do you write everyday? How much time do you spend on your writing?
AD: I write 1k every day on average, which takes 1-2 hours. If I skip a day, I try to do more the next day.


Twitter: @authoraubrie

Aubrie Dionne is an author and flutist in New England. Her writings have appeared in Mindflights, Niteblade, Silver Blade, Emerald Tales, Hazard Cat, Moon Drenched Fables, A Fly in Amber, and Aurora Wolf. Her books are published by Entangled Publishing, Lyrical Press, and Gypsy Shadow Publishing. She recently signed her YA sci fi novel with Inkspell Publishing titled: Colonization: Paradise Reclaimed, which will release in October 2012. When she's not writing, Aubrie teaches flute and plays in orchestras. She's a big Star Trek TNG fan, as well as Star Wars and Serenity.

1 comments:

Aubrie said...

Thanks for having me over at your blog!

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management